SALAT, the obligatory Muslim prayer, is done at appointed times. It is fixed in relation to the sun’s position throughout the day and fluctuates depending on the season.
- The time of FAJR, the Morning Prayer, begins at dawn and ends at sunrise.
- The time of ZUHR, the midday prayer, begins immediately after the sun crosses the high noon point and begins to descend.
- The ASR prayer begins in the late afternoon when the sun descends halfway between high noon and sunset.
- The time of the MAGHRIB prayer begins immediately after sunset.
- The ISHA prayer begins after dusk has completely disappeared, giving way to total darkness of the night.
SOME OF THE COMMON MISTAKES IN SALAH:
For more info visit SALAT.